The International Centre for Theoretical Physics Asia-Pacific (ICTP-AP) was recently established in Beijing, China, as a category 2 Centre under the auspices of UNESCO in cooperation with the Chinese Academy of Sciences, the National Science Foundation China (NSFC) and the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP, Trieste). ICTP-AP operates in affiliation to the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) and is an ICTP partner Institute.
The main goal of ICTP-AP is to perform top level research in several areas of science and promote scientific excellence throughout the world with emphasis in Asia-Pacific region.
As ICTP-AP kick-off activity, the conference “Frontiers on Fundamental Physics”will span 2 days in Beijing, from May 13 to May 14, 2019. It covers topics in fundamental physics with the objective to enable scholars working in related areas to meet on a single platform and exchange new ideas.
Main Topics Include:
- Quantum Field Theory & Particle Physics
- Cosmology & Gravitational Universe
- Mathematical Physics
International Advisory Committee:
- Rong-Geng Cai, (ITP-CAS, China)
- Quevedo Fernando (ICTP, Italy)
- Andrew Strominger (Harvard Univ.,USA)
- Yue-Liang Wu (ICTP-AP/UCAS, ITP-CAS, China)
- Bo-Feng (Zhejiang Univ.)
- Cai-Dian Lu (IHEP-CAS )
- Zong-Guo Si (Shandong Univ.)
- Qing Wang (Tsinghua Univ. )
- Shou-Hua Zhu (Peking Univ.)
- Yu-Feng Zhou (ITP-CAS) * (contact person)
- University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Institute of Theoretical Physics, CAS
- International Centre for Theoretical Physics